RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1989 VINTAGE MUGEN AND TAMIYA RC CARS...WHAT ARE THEY WORTH
Old 05-19-2012, 06:34 AM
soops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1989 VINTAGE MUGEN AND TAMIYA RC CARS...WHAT ARE THEY WORTH

Hiya mate,

don't take this the wrong way and think that I'm boasting but I'm the one who outbid you on the the 15th for the Mugen Super Sport chassis. I wanted it because of the lightweight chassis, the adjustable shocks, mugen stamped battery plate and various other parts like the alloy steering cranks and the front wheels.

At present I have a fully complete Super Sport and a nearly finished roller.Here's my complete one, minus it's shell,

When I bought it a couple of years ago it cost me £120 and was filthy so I gave it a full stripdown and clean and put it back together. It has an OS engine fitted and I also have two more period motors that I will try in my other chassis and see how they go. One is a Serpent S-Max with matching exhaust and the other is a MondialMotors .21. I bought that from a bloke selling an SS a couple of years back, he was selling a complete chassis but he took the engine out as he though that it was seized. I wanted it because it has the option exhaust manifold. I gave him £15 for both the engine and pipe and when I got it I managed to get it moving again, it wasn't seized it was just tight as if it had never been run in fully and it was just old fuel that had gummed it up.

I will have a look around for you and see if I have a spare spur gear for you. if not there is a bloke on tamiyaclub in France called Damien. He put up some pictures a while back of an SS that he had made up out of several chassis. I got in touch with him as I was enquiring about some spares(I have a diff that needs apart)but what he wanted for them was more than what I wanted to pay. If you go on there http://tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model...06692&id=33492and he may be able to help you.

Later mate

D.