RCU Forums - View Single Post - Experienced with the TWM P-51 GS?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 03:21 PM
DonStegall
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Experienced with the TWM P-51 GS?

Posted by: Barry Reade

Tell us more about your test stand. Does it have a dampening rubber for the mount? I didn't see one wondered if that was alright?
It is not the dampening test stand. And I need to get the vibration dampening test stand. I can actually feel the ground shaking at times with the MLD-35. Heck, I can even feel it vibrate with the glow engines at the right frequencies.

The one I have is the original version of [link]http://www.pspmfg.com/RCEngineTestStand.html[/link]

I'm going to get [link]http://www.pspmfg.com/VibrationDampeningRCEngineTestStand.html[/link] but PSP apparently took off for Joe Nall. There was a note on the web site a week ago Thursday morning as I was getting ready to order that orders after 10:00am would ship after 5/22. Also, the version of the dampening stand with the holder for the 3" wide big tanks is "Temporarily out of stock". I had bought two tanks. One for gas and one for glow.

I did not run glow engines today. I am going to take the test stand and the plywood holder for the ignition and battery off and run glow tomorrow. One thing that concerns be about the dampening stand is where do I put the ignition and battery. I used a 12" x 12" x 1/4" piece of plywood to hold the ignition, a switch, and the battery. I put it between the post and the test stand. So it is stationary with the engine. If I get the vibration dampening test stand and do the same, the ignition wire to the plug and the hall effect sensor cables will be flexing with every vibration. I don't like that. So somehow I have to find a way to use a holder for those items. The PSP site does not show that. They show the cables flexing. That is not something I want. That is also why I hesitated to get the dampening stand.