RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1989 VINTAGE MUGEN AND TAMIYA RC CARS...WHAT ARE THEY WORTH
Old 05-21-2012, 03:05 AM
soops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1989 VINTAGE MUGEN AND TAMIYA RC CARS...WHAT ARE THEY WORTH

Hi J,

wow, your car certainly looks like it's been in the wars, those wheels have been really hammered! It's not a big job to convert a Sport to 4WD SS spec, it's just the drive cup from the centre diff, propshaft and then front diff and driveshafts.Nice to see that you've still got the proper shocks.How strong is that front top arm, had it been totally snapped at one time?

I have the one in my pictures that Is all complete and ready to run, then I have another chassis that is all in bits ready for spares and then I have the one that I won last week. Each one has slightly different parts or places stamped differently to another. One has a plastic spur gear and another has a steel one. None of the three cars I have would be totally identical if sat next to each other.Does your car have it's proper bodyshell or wing?

I personally I like the more offbeat cars that not a lot of folks have.I have my (3)Super Sports, then a Mugen MBX4 XR(plus another in bits), a tamiya nitrage, kyosho mad force kruizer VE, tamiya CC-01 Unimog and an FTX colossus chassis that I may do up and get running again.My eldest boy hasa kyosho inferno and a tamiya fighter buggy(with madbull wheels, tyres and steering arms) and my youngest has a tamiya grasshopper.They both have a little helicopter each too.

I was cursing you for bidding on that super sport. The seller started it at £20 and had a £35 buy now. I was hoping to get it cheap but you kept bidding me up . Did you see the Super Athlete that finished yesterday, went for £46 but it didn't have it's shell. Those hard to find bodyshells are what is keeping the price of these cars low at the moment. I was lucky in finding one that had two bodies.

I'm one that likes to see old cars but they need to be run, not just sat on a shelf, that's not to say that I throw my cars over big jumps or sink them in the mud but I do have my fun out of them.

If you ever do decide to sell, drop me a line first and we may be able to work something out.