View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 06:58 PM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My first Tamiya

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

ORIGINAL: TheDriftingNarwhal

Nah I plan on doing a BMW or similar American LeMans Series type of car. I saw them at the Long Beach Grand Prix in the morning practice in the rain and those cars are just EPIC. Way more exciting than the IndyCars there even...

Anyways, I still got no clue about gearing... are the gears F103 specific? Because I stripped my stock spur by using the wrong sharp pinion...

Yeah so I figure just longer post and new front bumper/mount.

[link=http://www.ebay.com/itm/360440218870?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1439.l2649]adapter[/link] using that will allow you to use any kimbrough diff spur gear, get one with the balls already in it, and just pick up a 6-pack of steel pinions.

they are much tougher, more quiet and far more efficient than the crap tamiya uses.

its a crime how much the adapter costs because it looks like a a little shock washer and probably cost .01 to make 100 of them! but in the end its worth it.
A nitro car is quieter than Tamiya's gear noise...
So... will the new gearing make it faster? Or what exactly will it do....

I might do an F40 or Mercedes too... I have not clue what to do, but I think I will build up my grip F103.

Actually I might trade my brushless setup so I remeber seeing some guys running 27t motors with 25/100 gearing and they flew because you don't need as much acceleration on an F1... any thoughts on that?