View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 05:45 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: My first Tamiya

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

ORIGINAL: TheDriftingNarwhal

He just sold it. I'm kinds sad now... I was really excited >:P
it could be worse, ive bought things i was so super excited about getting it, but when i got them, it was like getting kicked right in the gut because they where so different from what I expected. like a recent purchase 2 ofna monster pirates one rtr, one ARR when i got them i was shocked, NOTHING left to them, one would take $180 to fix, the other $200 and they where not even monster pirates!

but my latest purchase i could not be happier, a Jammin CRT X1 kit, I thought it was coming with a SH freebie motor, and a crappy pipe with crappy servos and expecting the worst, but it actually came with some sweet equipment and in decent shape

keep your eyes open, jammin X1 stuff sells dirt cheap sometimes.
tell me about it
1st HPI MT1... Thing I dunno where it was stored the parts were so brittle it wasn't funny they would break if you looked at it, also engine was shot. Sold as in great condition (also 1st hobby grade what a way to come in, and on top of it I over paid)

Hpi Brama 10b.... I will just leave it there I can go into a 2-3 paragraph thread on how disappointed I was with it, and it was NIB which makes it worst...

Traxxas Merv... Dunno after 1 run I just didn't like it, just something about it (might be the insane tendency to wheelie) turned me off to it

Hpi Mini Recon... again for being NIB it just has so many issues... Probably only thing that didn't disapoint me was the radio at least that is pretty decent as far as RTR radios go

My Jammin X1 CRT. Its not the platform as the platform is excelent, it was just the one I got. The pictures on the ad were extremely deceptive, and when I got it I literally had to remove like a pound of clay that was jammed in EVERYWHERE even the diffs were packed with it... It also had the motor mount trashed, along with the holes on the chassis (I wanted to try it as a nitro seeing I had a spare engine) Dude must have broke a motor mount screw (probably due to RED LOCTITE) so he just drilled through the chassis into the motor mount instead of replacing a $8 part... And to top it off the dude that sold it used red loctite on EVERY single screw so it took me over 2 hours to dismantle the damn thing seeing I needed to use a lighter to heat up the screws to break the damn loctite... Yea I was not pleased at all...