RCU Forums - View Single Post - Avalanche xte
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Avalanche xte

ORIGINAL: PoopieBritches

Perhaps the punch setting could help,I have a program card,I've only used it to change LVC,and brake force settings.Out of the box is level 5 on the punch,I haven't tried any others.I have been told that changing this setting can change the load that the esc sees,meaning that if I were to use say #1,the motor will come on softer,but the esc will work harder to hold back the current and vice versa. Not sure weather this is right,but the esc is rated for 80a,motor is rated at 75a continuous,add to that w/e the steering servo and esc fan use.Putting my setup closer to it's limits,which I'd rather not cro$$! After browsing around the redcat forum here,I stumbled acrossed a couple threads about the Shredder 1/6 scales...hmm wonder what drivetrain parts they use? What!? The same diffs and axles as a Caldera 1/10 scale!? Now that sounds like absolute carnage for those little axles! But then, the motor and esc are hardly powerful enough for an 1/8 buggy,much less a 1/6! I do like some of the redcat stuff,but outside of the 1/10 class,the rest are lookin worse and worse.No offense to anyone.
I'm sure NitroSports will jump in here, hopefully, because he's helped me with the electric stuff since honestly I'm more of a nitro guy. Your probably right but I just thought I'd suggest it. As far as Redcats line of models in general, you definately have to do your research. My Monsoon XTR has been great. I was a little disappointed with some of the metal parts that broke easily, but when considering what it cost me, I still thought it was a great value. My son's Caldera 10e has been great. I still think its the most bang for the buck that Redcat offers. My previous Tornado S30 never broke, just bullet proof. Now my daughters Volcano EPX, the last brushed Redcat I'll ever buy or ever recommend. As far as I'm concerned, they should not even be sold and removed from the line up.