RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cessna Crane ( T50, Bobcat)
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 11:50 PM
flying dinosaur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cessna Crane ( T50, Bobcat)

A longtime friend and builder and I are now starting a 1/4 scale Cessna Bobcat project. Everything works great at 1/4 scale - cowls,scale size hardware all available. Some of the stuff requires a bit of modification, but not a lot.. Specs: 126" span, scale airfoils root to tip, radials, scale mains,tail yoke, wheels and tires. Unfortunately, I suppose,the radials will be 5 cyl engines - I'd have to get a 2nd mortgage to afford two of the Robart 7 cyl copies of the original "Shakey Jakes", even if you could find them. We have the engines, cowls, scaled up prints for the plane and gear, tail yoke, wheels, tires,and most of the various necessary radio stuff. The main gear is being fabricated from steel tube - light and stronger than aluminum in small sizes. Shooting for around 45 lb. asmostof the weight is right around the center section. Spars (both) will be aluminum.The plane will use a power expander box as I don't like putting something this heavy, and expensive, in the air without systems redundancy. I like the yellow for a color scheme but was wondering if anyone knows of, or could pointus to, some scale documentation for other color schemes. If you have any info like this, please let me know.