RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 03:47 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

Hi Ernie, I've only had it about 5 days, a friend passed it along to me, it was brand new and unrun. It's now been run 60 minutes using my 10 minutes at each 1,000 rpm interval starting at the 10 minutes real rich run. It required the glow driver for the 4,000 and 5,000 rpm runs. After the 6,000 rpm run, (30 min.) I topped off the 16oz tank, leaned the LS needle one full turn, leaving it still too rich but safe. The only time I stop an engine during break in is to to refill the tank. It guzzled down 12oz of fuel in the first 30 minutes, only about 8oz during the last 30 minutes, not bad considering it was running it ran 7,000, 8,000 and 9,000 for each of the last 10 minute runs. Used my cell phone, (electronic leash), as a watch. If I can, I want to run it with a new style cast muffler and pipe and of course a TurboHeader. It had pretty mushy compression at first, now its ABC like, if you flip it slowly you better have your finger out of the way when it goes over TDC. I've owned every Saito single except for the .65 and the 1.80. I have sold off about 75% of my engines trying to recover from taking care of our daughter when she had her stroke. In regards to her we've been really blessed, she is back with her husband, here left leg is a little draggy and she will never be quite as quick witted as she was but she's doing well.