RCU Forums - View Single Post - My first Tamiya
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 04:53 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: My first Tamiya

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

After roughly 17 years in the hobby (since i was 5) I finally got my first Tamiya, it was a late birthday present but it was a good one. It's a re-release of the Mercedes C11 Group C chassis, i don't have it in my hands yet, it should be here in a couple days.

I have always wanted a car with real scale looks, Tamiya almost always fills that niche, but every time i think about buying one, they discontinue it, since this is a re-release and all parts are stocked, i feel a little more at ease.

i don't go to the track to run on-roads, but i think i will start with this thing, i have a few really nice places to run it at home too.

What was your first Tamiya? Does anyone else run a Group C chassis?

My first Tamiya was the grasshopper. I was 11 yrs old when a kid in school brought in a FAV. The following saturday we went to the LHS and put one on layaway. We didn't have a lot of money so my mom put $20 down on it It took a couple of months of washing cars and mowing lawns but I paid the rest off.

That started what has been a life long hobby. I'm now 37 and still own that original hopper. Over the years I've bought sold and traded thousands of RC's but Tamiya has always been my favorite.