RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is the PHOENIX The best Sim?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 12:40 PM
ATVAlliance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is the PHOENIX The best Sim?

ORIGINAL: rcheli1

Hi Ed
Good reply much appreciated.
i will find the best I can for the sim ,the Dx5 &6i would both do the job?

Eagle tree sounds very interesting,must check it out.

Spektrum/JR and Hitec are MUCH more intuitive and user friendly than Futaba
there the guys for me and I can still look at the
Hitec Aurora 9 with Optima 7 (7 channel) receiver for $349, $50 discount.
that is an amazing price for something that sounded so sophisticated and well within what I was willing to spend eventually I am told I may require 8-9 channels can this be upgraded?I will check it out anyway.If not is there another Hi-Tech offering worth investigating maybe an aurora 10 xyz?

Yes I know it will all be a big learning curve it was just i did not wish to buy something so expensive but also so complicated it would be demolarising

many thanks Cheers Steve
I use the DX4e for my SIM. really for the SIM, all you need is a 4 channel. However, for the REALDEAL COLLECTIVEPITCHHELI you will need ATLEASTa 6 channel TX (RT as you have been referring to it).

If you want the best bang for your buck....I suggest you buy a SIM (you already have) and a GWSSIMcable (anywhere from 10 to 20 USdollars online...just do a search for GWSSIMCable for Spektrum) and finally a RTFBlade mCPX heli kit (the RTFcomes with DX4e).

If you go the above route you will have the SIM to practice and learn all orientations and hovering and flight. Then when you are ready, you will have a really NICE micro CPheli that you can fly inside or outside. While you are getting your skills complete with the SIMANDthe mCPX...you can then be making out your list for your BIGBIRD. And you will always have the little mCPX to fly in the backyard or your living room.

Thats what I would do...because there is always a chance that you might not enjoy flying RChelis and you will find that out for sure with the mCPX. And if you find that you dont like it...you will be out the least amount of money.

Just my opinion and what I would do if I had to do over again, knowing what I know now.