RCU Forums - View Single Post - BIG LAMA
Thread: BIG LAMA
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 02:46 PM
lethalsassonic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIG LAMA

Hey guys, new to the forum. I've had my BOL for about 2 weeks now and Inoticed the tail portion of the fuselodgeis just way too flimsy, it seems to be affected by the slightest wind & the blades themselves cause it to dance during flight, I mean even when hovering stable there's too much shake in the fuselodge making the BOL look like a cheap model. It just seemed cheap that I could pinch the tail and there's nothing inside. So I've done something that nobody has seemed to mention. I've stuffed the back portion (tail) of the canopy with foam, super light weight foam, which has made the back half of the fuselodge more robust without adding any significant weight. I'm not allowed to post a pic for some reason, maybe because I'm a new member. This is the type of foam that comes in a carrying case, the gray stuff that you can pull out of a case to shape it for a camera or whatever electronics, it's small rectangular pieces that you pull out of the case. Now there's more than just "air" in the canopy and I feel it's helped the chopper feel more sturdy, and I can even pick it up from the tail because it's now stuffed. I put in one piece at a time and shoved the pieces starting w/the very back of the tail w/a long skinnny screwdriver, and that was it. So far I've flow in my garage and everything seems fine. I'm an intermediate flier, and not a modifying expert, so I want to know if this was a good idea. Is there any reason I "shouldn't" be doing this? Is there a potential drawback w/gyro or anything? btw I've shifted my battery forward w/a mod already and like I said the foam weighs next to nothing so weight is still favoring the front of the chopper. Thoughts?