RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ordered new batteries . . . we'll see . . .
Old 05-24-2012, 03:37 PM
cmoulder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ordered new batteries . . . we'll see . . .

ORIGINAL: 2Sunny

ORIGINAL: cmoulder

Joe, these look like good batteries at a good price. But the capacity is a lot more than is needed for AMA Intermediate or Advanced. I flew the Advanced sequence last weekend in some pretty high winds and upon recharging found 2600-2800 mAh consumed. I flew at Stormville the next day in some comparatively light (but not calm) winds and saw 2300-2500 mAh consumed. (strictly flying the pattern with no horsing around afterward.) My main packs now are the Sky 4400 35C's, but I still have some Zippys and Rhinos that are uncannily and inexplicably strong after many flights.

Yeah, but that's 'cuz you're way better than Advanced or Intermediate and have better throttle control than me. Seriously though, I totally agree, I just have time and inclination to try lots of stuff 'cuz that's part of the fun for me plus like the man said above I might even be able to fly the sequence twice on one battery AND on really windy days when more weigh is better I might use a pack like that in competition to bring my plane as close to 5000g as possible for added stability.

on another note . . .

I was at the field today from 12 to 2 and got to fly all 10 of my packs. No one else there [&o]

And,

I just want to add how much I love the fact that the internet can bring together the whole world. My other hobby is saltwater aquariums [link=http://web.mac.com/joepeck66/iWeb/The%20Coral%20Gardner/Intro.html]TheCoralGardner.com[/link] and I hang out on the Aussie websites once in awhile which is just to say I love having Aussie input here. Thanks everyone!

Joe
Can you make it to Stormville Saturday or Sunday?

I would go Monday but I'm picking up a Caelestia, which has priority that day!