RCU Forums - View Single Post - Giant Scale Twins F7F Tigercat
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 05:45 PM
butlern
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Giant Scale Twins F7F Tigercat

Lyle,

I was wondering if I was going to run into you down there. I thought Olathe would be "in range," but given the poor weather I can see why you might have elected to stay home!

Wind... well if it's right down the runway, it makes little difference to me, or my 50-70 pound models!. Now, if it had been 35+ mph AND 30+ degrees cross, then I would have likely kept the Avenger on the ground. In all honestly, those Sunday evening flights of the Avenger and the Tigercat that Stan captured on video took place in basically ZERO wind, which for me is even SCARIER, given the airspeed required to keep my "hefty" models flying. Anyway, I hope to see you in the near future, Lyle. Especially given that we'll be no more than 4-5 hrs away from one another. Let me know about any interesting Kansas events this summer/fall!

Kelly,

I agree whole-heartedly with you and Lyle about video capture of our models... get the good stuff and then onto the next model/flight!!! Stan Pritchard has clearly figured this out! Once again, Stan, great work!

All the best, my friends.

Noah