RCU Forums - View Single Post - Giant Scale Twins F7F Tigercat
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Spritch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Giant Scale Twins F7F Tigercat

Noah...

No biggie on the last name... in fact, I'm not sure I even gave it to you last weekend...?? If I didn't... real dang close on guessing what it should be...!!

Was tooting my own horn with the 'Video King' comment... that was supposed to be in the vein of 'humor'... more or less. But after years of trying to get this hobby captured on cam... believe me... it is one hard subject to shoot. I really appreciate the comments on how they like my 'short style' of how I edit the footage. Early on... I was as bad as some of the long winded versions I still see up here today. After hours and hours of viewing and editing them... it was just plain boring. I love the takeoff and I love a great 'greased' landing... with some photo passes thrown in the middle. The good (or bad of this...??) I rarely ever catch a 'oops' moment or a 'auger in' shot... which is one of those bittersweet things depending on how you look at it...?? I personally hate it when a really fine build goes in. Always have.

My pleasure... is being at an event where I get to see (and hopefully capture) really great builds and fine flying. And especially new planes that haven't been seen in our area before. Your TBM Avenger and the GS TigerCat really made the WBOOK 2012 for several of us. And getting an almost perfect 3 or 4 hour flying window at the OKSS field Sunday afternoon... made it all worth the wind blast we had endured for the two previous days.

While Iowa City is going to really miss you... the Okie bunch will be more than happy to try and make you feel at home. But... I think you already know that after this weekend.

-Stan