RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Nitro Evader ST Thread v2.0
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 09:14 AM
Ttowntoolman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Nitro Evader ST Thread v2.0

I still have 4 nitro evaders, two of them still in running order. One is a parts car now, the other has been converted to brushless. Strapped a VXL system in it a while back and now and then it gets beat on. The other two just sit on shelf because they dont break just sitting there. At one time these all had O.S. .18cvr engines in them and we raced them dirt oval for about a year and a half. The track closed and these cars just kinda got back burnered. The latest track we race at does not allow anything bigger than a .12 in this class. Besides, these cars cost a fortune to keep competitive, diffs, idler gears in trans, cvds were very common to replace sometimes after running only one heat race. I retired these babies and purchased a couple Associated GT's. Much less maintenance and a more competitive truck. In fact, the o.s. .12XZ I have in my GT just absolutly smokes the old .18cvr in my evader. The evaders were good entry level trucks that taught us much about R/C, I am glad it was the trucks we chose to start our hobby.