RCU Forums - View Single Post - BIG LAMA
Thread: BIG LAMA
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 12:34 PM
Buz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIG LAMA

Well, hello there Edmund! How's it going? I think I saw Spiros posting too. I still have 3 or 4 BOL's ... but all with bent extended shafts. I should replace them, but I've been flying single blade fixed pitch for a while now and I really do like it better. I have the ArtTech SSH200 helicopter and I can honestly say..... if you can fly a BOL.... you can easily fly this single blade one. The 45 degree flybar gives incredible stabilization. It leans like crazy if you use a lot of aileron in your turns. I can make a big banked turn without even using the rudder. I throw it on it's side, and then hold a little back stick on it to keep the nose up... and it turns great. Impossible to do this with a BOL. You really should try one. The one that someone commented on is not fixed blade AND CP. It's strictly a fixed blade and it also flies as easily as the BOL. I'm trying to figure out how I can use that 45 degree flybar setup on one of my 450 CP heli's.
That would make them fly totally stabilized. I don't see the need for CP... I don't want to fly upside down or any of that crap.

So, I wonder how to change the head and flybar on the Trex 450 to a diagonal flybar to stabilize it? Any ideas?. I really want to try this. I've had my head in other projects lately... I'm flying two Gaui quad copters. They are NOT as easy to fly. I have the 300sx gaui quad, and I was chosen to beta test Gaui's new INS system. Wow! It's great! It has GPS, and I can send it off out of sight.... then flip the "return home" switch.... and it turns around and comes back exactly to where you plugged in the battery and hovers. I has normal mode, stablilized hover and GPS mode. When it's hovering in GPS mode... I holds the same altitude and it's like it's glued in place. I like to put it in a GPS hover, then push it around... I push it as hard as I can, and it comes right back. It will also do flips and rolls. I h ave all of the FPV <first person view> stuff, but I've only flown it that way once. It's like being IN the quad... I wear video goggles and I can see everything the camera on the quad sees in real time. I think I have a couple of videos of it. Maybe I'll post them so you can see it fly. If I hammer the throttle on takeoff, it goes straight up out of sight FAST! It's also a riot to fly them by line of sight too. You guys take care. Sure is good to see some of the old crowd in here. I haven't seen Brian for a while... but he's become quite the pilot with his Trex500.
You guys try one of these single rotor helicopters.... I guarantee you will never regret it. I had to dial in a little more FF on it, but otherwise I fly it like a crazy man.... just like I did with the BOL's.

I'll try to find a video of the single blade flying... it's here somewhere. Then you'll see how well it flies.

Cheers!

Buzz