RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fly Eagle Vs Jet legend Vs Skymaster vs Fei Bao
Old 05-30-2012, 07:53 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fly Eagle Vs Jet legend Vs Skymaster vs Fei Bao

ORIGINAL: essyou35

The only person who can really tell us anything, is someone who has multiple models from all the above brands. Any single model could have issues, so multiple samples are needed.

I think it shows how far our expectations have slid when this is the standard. If I buy an ARF and the stabs blow off in flight, I don't think I want to just dismiss that as an incidental flaw. I need to have two stabs blow off in flight to deduce that a manufacturer has a problem building stabs?

I built an ARF for a customer (from one of the mentioned manufacturers) where the thing looked nice from a distance, but it was a total clusterf**k inside. The customer paid extra for the 'super scale' F-15 gear. They were so scale that the doors won't close because of the drag links. The rotating mains landed right where the bypass and engine was, so the bypass/engine had to be moved back which put the pipe nearly four inches out the back of the tail-cone. There were enough things wrong that necessitated redesigns that it was clear that they'd never attempted to put one together before they started shipping the model. That's not "growing pains", that's just a piss-poor company with a piss-poor product and an even piss-poorer attitude about the end-user.