RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fly Eagle Vs Jet legend Vs Skymaster vs Fei Bao
Old 05-30-2012, 11:31 AM
RamsesCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fly Eagle Vs Jet legend Vs Skymaster vs Fei Bao

Hi

If i could choose/vote i would add CARF (Composite ARF). Building quality of CARF is awesome.
But on the other hand, i have/had a Skymaster Viper where the wings was destroyed by a little heavy, but regular landing on the airfield grasland. After inspection of the wings, we found, in our opionon,the secondmain wing bar, which could be better buildt in with more reinforcement and this was the reason, again in our opinion, for the wing damage. More than 100 wonderful flights without any problems before.
Now i ordered a new Viper, again from skymaster.

Why ?

Overall the Quality of the Skymaster and "Scale"-Style is good. Everything works well, all parts survived :-) over 100 flights and was original, even the air cylinders. Of course, they are not 100%tight and lost a bit air, but no problem for two times gear out and in in the air plus start and landing. All technical details like CG, recommondations for ailerons, flaps and so on was ok.
The service is even OK too. As i build up the first one, i found out, a wrong front gear was built in and can't be driven in,if the servo was installed. But no problem. A short mail to anton and a new front gear arrived within 10 days direct. Of course, there was a lack in the quaility inspection, but it was only a wrong servo plate installed. Anyway, the service was perfect in this case.
Painting and Colour Quality is perfect. Everything fits exact, no different colourshadesbetweenfuselage and wings (Experience with other manufacturers where different colour shadeswas used !!)

Recommendations to improve the quality:
Wider Carbon/Cevlar reinforcement into the wing where the Gear is mounted and a better reinforcement (Carbon Rowings) to the second main wing bar.
Use a bit less glue in the wings :-)

But iknow the only weak point now, from my point of view,and are able to reinforce it by myself if i built up my next viper :-)
In the past, i saw how fast Skymaster picked up information about weak points and solved them. For example, as i orderd my last viper, i read at the same time in a thread here in RC-Network about Gear-Reinforcements which was offered from Sandor from the Netherlands. I ordered them. As i receivedmy Viper , a similar reinforcement was already built in from Skymaster. And the reinforcement in the gear areawas strong enough, because all damages on the wings was outside of this area and the gear itselfhas no damage. This is, was i even expect toofrom a manufacturer: Pick up Information and bring them into the production line without wasting a lot of time.
Another thingis propably one of the most big point of Skymaster: The Landing Gears are perfect about functionality, possibilities of adjustment and quality.

Any question about my voting :-) ?

With best regards from switzerland
Rainer