RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fly Eagle Vs Jet legend Vs Skymaster vs Fei Bao
Old 05-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fly Eagle Vs Jet legend Vs Skymaster vs Fei Bao

Ian,

While I agree with most of what you said, I have to disagree about who this thread is for. I think it's unfair to assume that because someone is a rep for one product, he cannot speak honestly or from first-hand experience on that product or a competing product. I think some reps often show bias to the point of straining their credibility, but to broad-brush them to the point of declaring a post or thread off-limits is too much.

Let's face it...if you go to a jet meet, how many pilots there are NOT reps for someone? What about ex-reps...can they post? They seldom lose their bias or allegiances just because they're not actively repping a product, right? A majority of those guys have a lot of information and experience to share (including their opinions on certain products) and shouldn't be left out of the discussion because of their affiliation. I think we're all big enough boys to read a post and determine whether we're being fed a load of BS by someone because they're a rep. For my own part, the experience I shared was real and really happened just like I wrote. A am a rep for Y/A, but I have built and flown lots of other stuff over the years. Y/A may be what I compare other products to, but many of those products are better IMO. Some ain't. The reader can discern for himself whether a comment is fair or foul and, like you said, some reps have earned themselves reputations for just spouting the company line.