RCU Forums - View Single Post - BIG LAMA
Thread: BIG LAMA
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 12:47 PM
Buz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIG LAMA

ORIGINAL: lethalsassonic

Thanks, I'll check it out, I highly doubt the motor is bad or inner shaft is bent. I have a total of about 5 flights w/no major crashes, and I just installed the xtreme inner shaft, so unless it came bent it's not bent. The verticle shake may just be a result of me stuffing the tail w/foam, but again it's simply a ''cosmetic'' shake, I'm still able to hover perfectly still, the tail just vibrates up and down, but the last time I powered up in the garage the shake went away, so I don't know what to make of it, maybe I'll just ignore it because once the chopper is ten feet away and in flight you can't tell anyway...
I've experienced the entire BOL vibrating like crazy... but only at a certain head speed. Sometimes you can have a vibration at low head speeds....but, in my case I could fly through the vibrations by turning more rpm. I never figured out what caused that vibration either. My battery pack shorted out and caught the entire nose of the BOL on fire. I crashed trying to land... and it burned up completely. Although I lost a good helicopter.... if I had been videoing it... it would have made an incredible show. I gave what was left away. It really stunk badly. I think you should just fly it. It's probably an unbalanced blade or something similar... Probably won't hurt anything.

Buzz

Way off topic.... but you've got to see this. My son is in blue, his best friend is in yellow. I can't believe I didn't go with them!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSQq4_9Thic