RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another A-10
Thread: Another A-10
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Another A-10

As much as I try not to have the same model twice, I just had to revisit one of my favourites.... The Mibo A-10. I suppose its not exactly like going over old ground,as my last A-10 ( Arctic camo fantasy scheme ) was a G3 variant. This latest A-10 of mine is a G4 kit...... My goodness what a difference. The G3 was no junker of a kit, but this thing is soooo well engineered and put together its unreal.
The model was built by my good friend Paul Metcalf. Then my magician of a painter who I have now worked with for coming up to 15 years.. Mr Ray Habgood bought it to life with the airbrush. The scheme ( as per most of my aircraft ) is a non scale one. I find the A-10 to be a really dull subject matter when it comes to scale schemes, so I decided to have some fun and once again adapt a scheme from a few other aircraft. Ray did a stunning job of applying my ideas. I deliberately wanted a clean ( fresh.. ish) out of the paint shop look to it. My thoughts here were that I am seeing quite a few heavily weathered 10's around right now, plus I can always have weathering applied at a later date if I want to. I am really pleased with ow its worked out.. Now lets take bets on which manufacturer will rip it off without even having the decency to ask first this time
Power is from 2 Jet Cat P-140 Rx's. Radio is Spektrum/ JR running through a power box royal. JR8411's all round. When I got the model it came with the Jet tech Kevlar tanks, which were capable of holding some silly amount of fuel. I used the two saddle tanks from this set and disposed of the huge centre tank. Replacing it with a plastic centre last tank that holds 2.5L My total fuel capacity right now is around 7.5 lt of fluid in the tanks, which then go to 2x High Flow CAT's. I am pretty sure this will be enough fuel for a display flight.
Not sure on the weight just yet. Thats the next job on the list, as apart from that its all ready to go fly.. just wish I had the time.
Any questions, please feel free to ask.
Regards Al