RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fly Eagle Vs Jet legend Vs Skymaster vs Fei Bao
Old 05-30-2012, 02:37 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Fly Eagle Vs Jet legend Vs Skymaster vs Fei Bao

From the things I've seen with build threads on Skymaster and FEJ jets, many major nodifications had to be made for the parts of the jet to fit together. When the fuel cells don't fit into the fuselage, or are taller than they are longer, you have to wonder if the manufacturer ever put their own jet together and flew it!

When parts don't come close to fitting, that indicates to me that the manufacturer either; never built the jet, or they also had to do major modifications to make it fly, and then decided to sell the jet kit AS IS rather than redesign it to fit/work properly. That was the case when someone asked me to build their Skymaster F-100. After seeing what I had to fix and modify, I declined to do the build, and the owner sold that jet at a major loss rather than risk building and flying a questionable airframe structure where the parts didn't fit.

From what I see and read, Skymaster isn't the only manufacturer with these problems.

But from my perspective, most of the jets coming out of Chinese companies are only meant for static display. The Chinese companies put a nice paint job on an airframe that is questionable, or not airworthy.