ORIGINAL: powerjets

ORIGINAL: powerjets

ORIGINAL: PaulD

I can't vote.

There's no ''They're all crap'' option.

PaulD
Please share your experience...
Nothing ?

I can probably chime in experience wise with Paul here as we have had the experience together on many of these planes.

Skymaster experience, Viperjet, nice airplane, some awkward build but overall ok however........ One wing was fine, the other wing was missing the top spar!!!!!!!! Nothing on the top of the wing tube socket running down into the wing. This was fixed by cutting the wing skin open, adding a spar, and reglassing the wing skin.
The wing tube itself is garbage, we have seen more than one bend under normal flying loads. Unfortunately this airplane was lost after very few flights, I did not see the crash so I won't comment on the crash itself.

Fly Eagle experience, myself, Stefan and Wolfgang spent hours and hours on the design, cad files etc of the Liberty sport jet. I drew the original idea, Stefan spearheaded the project, and wolfgang used his engineering experience to create the airfoils, moments, and CAD files etc. In the end, the Liberty ended up being very different from those drawings. Certain elements that were designed specifically for flight characteristics were changed by FEJ's. The final product did not look like the original drawings as much as they should have. The airframes for the small ones were very heavy, and the large ones had structural issues. Those issues were addressed by me once I had my kit with extensive emails sent back and forth to no avail. The response I received from James was "we are very busy with scale airframes and the Liberty is not priority". Fine, it's not priority, but there were structural issues, so STOP SELLING IT!!!! Paul was very interested in this airplane before he bought his viperjet and decided against the Liberty after seeing it in person. I don't blame him. There were parts missing in my kit which admittedly FEJ sent out, but they took a while. However, there were air cylinders where the piston pushrod was rusted, their answer was to just polish them up but the pitting in the rod caused major leaks on those cylinders.
I also had a FEJ Rafale which was nice, Paul saw that airplane too, but it took aftermarket cylinders in the gear to make them work too as even the replacements that were sent out leaked just as badly.

Jet Legend experience. A BAE Hawk that has been nothing but a nightmare to deal with, primarily in the paint finish on it. Admittedly, the jet is being repainted, but nobody can give me an answer as to what the original in the mold paint used is and it wrinkles and bleeds through with every type of paint / sealer we've tried on it.

No Fei Bao experience that I'm aware of personally, but you don't hear much in the forums of them outside of the ones that have failed in flight.

These are just personal experiences and opinions. I personally am not interested in any of the chinese kits anymore, but if I were to buy one, I'd buy from Global jet club, never directly. Skymaster has had problems, but on some of their smaller/older designs I'd still maybe own one. FEJ from my experiences, as well as the experiences of others who WERE big FEJ supporters (one in your area in particular) but now would never touch one of their jets again, is a manufacture I'd donate to a museum if I was ever given one of their jets now. I would never fly it nor would I sell it to somebody who wanted to fly it.