RCU Forums - View Single Post - CAELESTIA NEW F3A 2011
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 06:01 PM
cmoulder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CAELESTIA NEW F3A 2011

Yesterday servos installed in wings and stabs, today control horns installed in ailerons, elevators and rudder.

Once again, easier than expected. I just used a metal straightedge to mark the control horn line on the control surface in line with the servo casing. Laid the control horn flat on the control surface to line up the linkage hole with the control surface gap to determine position, then used a Dremel with a tiny drill bit as a mill and made the slot. Worked great. Gorilla glue - as used by Chad - turned out to be an excellent choice for the adhesive as it fills gaps and provides purchase to any and all available surfaces as it expands. I had not used it before but will do so in the future. It was a bit harder to find the center of the former for the rudder control horn installation. However, in the end I got them centered well and they seem to be quite snug and secure.

Next to seal the gaps and to install the linkages. I have some 34mm Secraft turnbuckles on the way from F3AU along with the motor mount and canopy locks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21651.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	1767438   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69404.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1767439