RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lipo Fires Are Real![Fantastic Advice!] Can I ask for further help?
Old 06-01-2012, 03:26 AM
trax de max

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lipo Fires Are Real![Fantastic Advice!] Can I ask for further help?

it's amazing what people come up with, to me a lipo sack is a safety device that should, have a regulation to pass for it to be just that.
I don't think there is such a regulation, which means cheap lipo sacks could be sold, which do nothing more than hold a lipo in a bag.

I can see the point of metal storage places are bad because if it goes up you can't tell if it has or not.
But if I'm upstairs or away outside and a fire does happen, I'd want it to be contained as much as possible.
If I had a fireproof safe I'd use that.

As much as using the metal container, All batteries have female connectors so there shouldn't be any contact with the metal case, the balance plugs are fully housed.
But even though they are in a metal container they are also inside a lipo sack.

My nano techs are just in there cardboard box sandwiched between the sack and tin on the bottom.

All in all be safe. The vids on youtube shows what goes wrong when you make it go wrong, Lipos go up in flames while in use too, but whats not said is what happened previously to that battery going up. Was it dropped off the bench the day before?. Was there a charging problem earlier that week?. Did it get knocked about carrying it to where you used it?.