RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lipo Fires Are Real![Fantastic Advice!] Can I ask for further help?
Old 06-01-2012, 04:31 AM
rctugman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lipo Fires Are Real![Fantastic Advice!] Can I ask for further help?

Ho Trax de Max
You make very good point about the lipo sacks....I am very new to all this,,but with the technology now involved in RC to enable the hobby to be more enjoyable that no one as come up with a better way of charging & storing lipos? just my 2c.

Can I ask is technology re Lipo`s & batteries in general moving forward,illiminating most of the potencial threats.I can see already, that sure most problems are caused by the Guy who is not careful..but it as also being said that lipos can burn,ignite,smoke,fail for all sorts of reasons not nessecarily down to the owner??

I can not recall who or where, I was told of the ceramic storage /charging container on a bed of sand presumably on a ceramic base of somekind?
So maybe worth more investigation and some feedback from folks who use ceramic as against metal.

I am firmly of the belief that a small shed away from the house both for storing and charging my batteries is the answer with all the safety possible including container on sand e.t.c. + extiguisher/Fire Blanket/Smoke Alarm

does this sound ok to you guys

all the best Steve