RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lipo Fires Are Real![Fantastic Advice!] Can I ask for further help?
Old 06-01-2012, 07:58 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Lipo Fires Are Real![Fantastic Advice!] Can I ask for further help?

I have done my research, thats my point. Research. Too much of what is said on these forums is just people repeating what they have heardsomeone else say without asking the question " do you know this to be true" Can lipos be dangerous? Yes; so can any battery chemistry if you incorrectly charge them or mis-handle. Education and researchis the key, not hearsay. Electronic devices that use lipos abound and even a 1 cell lipo can be made to burn/ explode if charged incorrectly. That is why the manufacturers of these devices build in safety circuit as noted elsewhere here, so that they can be safely used. Lipo's were never originally intended to be used in a high charge/discharge enviroment the way we use them, but manufacturers have adapted them for the market. There is no need to more afraid of lipos than any other battery, just more aware of their potential for destruction if incorrectly handled. I am very sorry that you had to experience that destruction first hand, I'vee been through a house fire from lighting and it's no fun. Some good info here although a bit dated. http://www.hangtimes.com/lithium_ion...er_saftey.html Be safe everyone, think safety, and have fun.