RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lipo Fires Are Real![Fantastic Advice!] Can I ask for further help?
Old 06-01-2012, 08:54 AM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Lipo Fires Are Real![Fantastic Advice!] Can I ask for further help?

[quote]ORIGINAL: raptureboy

Do you own a laptop? digital camara? cell phone? Any problem with their lipo batteries bursting and burning down homes and cars? No, I didn't think so. The problem is people using the wrong equipment and failing to follow the manufacturers recommended charge rates and time's. There are many good and capable chargers out there, I have used the TRITON 2 by Greatplanes with a balancer for 5 years now and never a problem. If I need to be away from a charging battery, then it goes into a ammo can with the lid closed and placed on the concrete floor of my garage, set the charge rate correctly and the timer and if you have it a temperture probe that shuts off the charger if the batttery gets too warm. Follow the rules and you won't get burned. I personally would stay away from cheap Chinese chargers. Good luck and don't be afraid.[img][/img]
[/quote

+1 Ihave used the triton for a long time and now on the Hitec 4x50 charger. i charge all mine on a wooden bench in the garage. I have been know to put on the charger and go watch a game on tv. i store all of them in a ammo can. I do plan to buy a large ceramic brown/tan or what ever color there pot from lowes or home depot. 10-15 gallon one. You can buy them in rectangle form with lids also. this is the perfect set up. i will just need to find a away to drill a hole with out breaking it.