RCU Forums - View Single Post - Silly question about tissue paper covering
Old 06-05-2012, 09:56 AM
ErikMB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Silly question about tissue paper covering

Thanks, Zor.  I know Maple Syrup and I have visited Canada, too. 

I pretty much followed your process.  The hole came from a puncture made by the corner of the box I was using to hold the wings while they dried.

I'm using ezdope or some brand like that.  It is acrylic.  I used UHU glue for putting down the tissue and CA glue for the frame.

The atomizer I used really soaked the model.  I'm a little annoyed.  Cheap, crappy quality, made in China.

I did use a stinky, chemical smelling dope for the frame after gluing and before papering.  I'll have to use the same dope inside as outside next time.  I don't see any harm (yet) in using water-based on top of oil-based.

Next step tonight will be patching that hole, gluing the parts together, and then doping the whole airframe.

Then, after drying for a day or so, I can start with the plastic and card parts.

Can't wait to have the whole plane together so I can show my kids!  I'll have to paint it up, too, which will be the most fun part.

The 4 year-old already claimed it for her room.  I'm thinking a bf109 with pink for the theater color band (usually white or yellow) since the theater will be her room (and the park).  )