RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pitts M12 26% plans available soon
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 08:45 PM
rgunder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pitts M12 26% plans available soon

ORIGINAL: curtrc

I wasn't going to resurrect this thread but since someone else already did.. I referred to these plans while designing my own S12 (1/4-ish scale, 62'' wingspan/length, 30cc) and In case the original designer still checks I want to thank you for your hard work, it made my hard work somewhat less hard You are right this is an incredible level of effort.

I'll be sending it out for laser-cutter quote this week.. no idea who I'm going to use or how much it's going to cost, this is the first time I've attempted a project this large and involved and there is just no way I can scroll-saw it.

If the design flies anything like stable I'll be happy to provide plans/details/drawings to anyone who wants them. And if not.. well I'll still let anyone have them as an example of what NOT to do. Scratch-build thread: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11096359/tm.htm

-Curt

the attached photo is the current state after some simplification passes and moving the wings 1'' back. Questions/comments/***youfailed appreciated.
I like it so far! Nice CAD work.