RCU Forums - View Single Post - McCoy diesels
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 07:15 AM
william hanshaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: McCoy diesels

Hi Earl... I enjoyed your great pics of your McCoy's. Looking at the red tank on the rear of the original engine, I don't see any evidence of a gasket, at least on the outside. Maybe there's one on the inside, between the tank's inside edge and the outside of the raised crankcase ring. I tried my new "copper wonder" tank this AM, and it leaks either at the tank/engine junction, or at the securing bolt's 0-ring head gasket. I'll work on it.

I'm still having trouble with my MPJet 040 PB that you and I tried to run when we got together at your house. I've done the Clutton idea in his book, about coating the contra with solder, then carving it down to improve its fit. It did improve the fit,but the engine still won't stay running more than a couple of seconds, and then only slowly. I suppose the remaining option is to replace or rebuild the sleeve/piston/contra assembly. As you'll recall, we tried your good-running MPJet's carb and your same fuel on my engine - and that didn't help, so we eliminated a fuel problem. I'll keep you posted on my efforts to get this well-made little engine to run as good as yours! Regards, Bill