RCU Forums - View Single Post - DLA 112 PROBLEM
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 06:10 PM
bjor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DLA 112 PROBLEM

This is all rather interesting - but a bit moot to compare DLE, DLA and DA. I have an original DL50 (before it became a DLE) that has NEVER given me an issue. I aslo have a DA100 (original - not the L version), a DL100, a DLA112 and a new DLE170.
I remember years ago when DL first came to the market it was seen as a much inferior "chinese" DA copy, but here we are some years later and some of you guys us the DLE as a bench mark for a good engine.
The DA100 has given me its fair share of problems, but with DA just down the road here in Brisbane (Australia) - their service is absolutly second to none. The DL100 still has its original carb (zama from memory) and runs like clockwork as well. The DLA112 I have is still in its break in phase, but too date has not shown any problems (fingers crossed) and produces an insane amout of power. My new (3 flight old) DLE-170 has already had its carb pulled apart for inspection when no top or bottom end adjustments cold be made - but we found a blockage that could NOT be attributed to DLE. Before bashing one brand over another, I think its fair to say that all brands have their strengths and failings. All of us have budgets and limitations and that what somebody may be able to afford - somebody else may not. Before throwing stone in glass houses, show me a gas engine that has NEVER had an issue with either the product, service or company.