RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM Hawker Typhoon ARF build thread
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 02:25 PM
kwik

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: ESM Hawker Typhoon ARF build thread

ORIGINAL: vallawyer

Same as Kondor Model Products Typhoon, as far as I can tell. A buddy of mine had one of these. It took over five pounds of nose weight, I helped him make up a weight from lead shot and epoxy.
It was not a success, it spun in on the first flight. Looked good, but just did not fly well, and it sure seemed that the plane was not flown before it was sold.
Its the only Typhoon out there, though. If Easy Tiger makes one, I'd consider it, to me, the difference between them and the KMP is totally different as far as weight goes, the Easy Tiger ones maybe don't look as good, the paint is a little nicer on KMP planes, but they are much bigger and come out much lighter and fly so differently. The Focke Wolfe is the easiest warbird ever, and I am putting together the P47, from the video, the P47 looks even easier.
The KMP planes are like when we used to make the old Top Flite Red Box planes, then glass them, then put on Hobby Poxy paint, and retracts and flaps and everything, and they flew like bricks. But we had fun anyway.
We all know you just want to sell more E.T. planes, and that this is your approach.

But the ESM Typhoon is a fine warbird. So is the ESM 190, the ESM Corsair, the ESM P-40, the ESM 110,
the ESM P-47, the ESM P-51....those are the ones I have seen up close so far.