RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help diagnosing AMT flameout (pics)
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 04:33 AM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help diagnosing AMT flameout (pics)

ORIGINAL: Dieselman1220

thanks for all the replys I like the idea of removing the fuel line to the turbine and running the pump while shaking the plane that seems like a sure way to work out any air bubbles. Also Ive been told that running a filter prior to the pump such as
the Festo inline filter does a good job of breaking down big air bubbles small enough for a turbine to swallow. Any truth to that? I was not running one which looking back now was very foolish of me as a run one in all my other jets. I just figured it
didnt have one before and never missed a beat. And good news a buddy of mine looked over the airfame and decided it could easily be repaired. So she will fly again!!
To quote the BVM UAT instruction sheet: Additional Operating Tips
First start with an electric auto start:
"Fill the system through the UAT's third line. Then connect the filling fuel pump to the output tube of the UAT (The tube that goes to the engine fuel pump.) Run fuel through the UAT until no bubbles can be seen.

Be sure the 6mm tubing has a round, not oval cross section.

During the first engine run, set the throttle to about 1/2 power and shake the model observing that no bubbles exit the UAT. This might require a few minutes of running until the sack in the UAT is completely air free. Follow this procedure also if the system was completely drained for transit."