RCU Forums - View Single Post - What large EDF unit makes the most thrust?
Old 06-09-2012, 07:19 AM
Ron101
My Feedback: (22)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: What large EDF unit makes the most thrust?

Hey Ron,

Have you flown the Hawk with the dynamax setup yet? I've been watching the threads but haven't seen any updates. Do you plan to attend Best in the West this year? I'll be there.

Kirk

Hey Bud,
I've been following your hunter and it looks great man, looking forward to your report. I did fly the dynamax in the Hawk, put three flights on the system...then had to do the foam upgrade to the ICE 160HV2.
I found it to be a very impressive light weight setup....really happy with it. The plane flew very well.... flight time are going to be a little shorter than I want right now (4:30) with 6500mah.

My next plan is to try something.... I want to use 12s 25c 7800mah thunder power packs. They only weigh 2 oz more than my 6500 mah. I really think that is going to be a trick setup. I'll have all the power I could want and a good 5:30 to 6:00 flight. I'm waiting to buy the packs until the F-18 is close to done and they will be used in both the hawk and the F-18. So for now I'll fly the hawk on 6500mah.

I updated my thread when I flew it, I still neeed video and will work on that soon. Flying the giant P-51 tomorrow.

I wasn't planning on best of the west, but knowing your coming makes me want to come out and meet you. I'm not sure if I would fly, I really hate traveling with my plane and staying over night in a hotel. It's a 4 hour drive for me, So many stories of guys getting ripped off down there. Buttonwillow is like a truck stop on I-5 and it seems every year someone gets there planes taking from the hotel parking lot. If I do go I will drive into bakersfeild to get off the interstate.... or rent an RV and stay onsite that's the best really. I will look up the days and if anything I'll drive down to hang out with you and check out the meet. I flew at california jets twice and man it's pretty stressful to fly at a large meet like that, you have 5 jets in the air landing and taking off none stop and sometimes guys were lined up 10 to 15 deep to fly. I can fly alone for free at my home club...lol.. it's nice and quiet.

Later bud,
I'll send you a PM and let you know if I'm going to make it and see what days you will be there.
Ron