RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Blade 450 3D up in smoke!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Rustproofcorn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Blade 450 3D up in smoke!!!

ORIGINAL: madmorgan

wow you got free crash parts huh must be nice lol just remember it worked once keep in mind to leave about 3 to 5 mm clearance between the lipo and motor as i do not think that will happen (horizon sending you a whole replacement bird) ever again.

i didnt crash really just burnt up. i have salvaged all the good parts. to make another working heli i would need a frame, 1 linkage, and 1 servo then i could have 2 450 3d helis. i actually told Eflite that i thought i could get by with just these parts and they said no they will send me a new heli. they ended up sending me a BNF and lipo so i didnt end up with 2 dx6i's which was fair i thought. anyhow both items are due to be here on the 13th and i guess i will have to leard how to bind a tx which i have never done. what do you guys think would it be worth building another 450 3d or just have the spare parts? also if i were a guessing man with how Eflight was about sending this new one out i think even if somthing happend to the new one they would still work with me. right now i am still unsure if it was a battery fail or just the battery touching the motor. they only thing that makes me think the battery wasnt touching the motor is how fast it started on fire. i would have thought it would take a minute of flying not 5 seconds.