View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 01:32 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Byron Corsair Build

ORIGINAL: AMA234

Craig,
Not sure if you have gotten to it yet or not, but I wanted to let you know of an issue I had with using the Dubro hinges for the tail wheel doors. I tried your same method, glueing the hinges to the inside of the fuse and the doors and the edge of the doors would hit the skin before opening even 1/2 inch. I even tried shimming the door side of the hinge with 3/32 inch ply but all that did was cause the door to stick out farther from the skin . What I ended up doing is ripping them off and I am thinking of using BVM offset door hinges. I will admit that rigging door hinges has not been my cup of tea, but I have found that the offset door hinges always work well for me. I guess if you were to use a continous strip of piano hinge as is on the full scale, the hinge line gap wouldn't be noticed as if you only use 3 Dubro hinges. Maybe you had better success with how you did it and can educate me on how to rig doors using the Dubro hinges?

Maybe I will opt for the piano hinge after all instead of the offset hinges... not sure...depends on what I can get the quickest. WhoDaMan?....... Need input.

Here are a few pics of the cover I made for the retracts.

Les

i know this is an old thread but that access panel cutout for the gear is a really good idea. going to use it on my corsair .