RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dx8 still has problems
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 02:35 PM
tncrosby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dx8 still has problems

Let me assure you "RMH" As mush as I hate to say it, My DX8 has problems and I'm upset with how HH wants to try to sweep these DX8 problems under the rug. I'm sure not all DX8s have issues but mine does. OK you asked, heres the whole story of the times I've had problems.

1, Parkzone T28 bind and fly ar600 receiver.

I was flying on a bit of a windy day. 2nd flight I had been up for about 1 minute when all of the sudden, NO control. I was lucky It went into the the ground but no major damage. I tried for weeks to figure that one out. Battery and all connections were good. I thought it must have been something with the plane or the wind.

About a month laterand about 30 flights later

2, A Glo engine plane with a AR7010 receiver

re"> I had just charged the battery the night before on the 2nd flight of the day a few minutes into the flight, NO control. I hopelessly watched as the plane nosed dived to the ground off into the distance in a swampy area. I was never was able to find to do full investigation from the wreckage. The battery in this plane was a few years old so I thought, that could have been it.

LOST PLANE!

About another few weeks later

3, Flying my Glo P51 mustang with a Orange DSM2 receiver.

After experience #2 I installed battery meters on every Glo plane so I can see a full charge before I fly. I also use only new 2000 mAH 5 cell batteries. I was experimenting with the flaps on the plane. Just after I flipped the switch to turn the flaps on NO control. As in horror I switched the flaps back off, the soon after I regained control. I tested it on the ground after and everything looked and worked fine. I was new to flaps so I thought it was me. I also thought it may have been the Orange receiver so I changed it out with a spectrum 7610. I since used the flaps with no problems.

2 months later

4, Parkzone T28 bind and fly.

again it was a little windy ~6 to 8. No response for about 5 seconds. This one I still can't be sure of because of the wind. I thought It could have been just me.

Later that day.

I had a friend checking out my F22 hanger 9 raptor as I just replaced the Engine on it with a new OS55. Just after takeoff I'm horrified to here him say "Oh no, I'm not doing that" as I hear the plane go full throttle heading down into the swamp. I knew the fail safe throttle setting needed to be reset before this flight but I thought I'll fix that later.

CRAP! PLANE LOST.

Again that same day.

Flying my Hanger 9 ultra stick with a 7610 receiver.

I was at the fly field and boy I wanted to fly bad. So I though I'll try my trusty Ulta stick. Battery full charge. about 2 minutes into the flight AGAIN NO CONTROL. Luckily it only lasted for maybe 5 seconds and I was able to land. This was a plane I flew a lot this time I was sure it was not me or this plane.

That night

After two hours of testing that night I was finely able to recreate the problem in my shop. I sat moving the radio stick every few minutes waiting to hear if and when the throttle would go to fail-safe mode. Finally I saw it. NO control and my 7610 receiver is in fail-safe.

After turning the DX8 off and back on it came back.

That was it. now I'm mad. I called HH and after a lengthy hold time and a call back 2 hours later. I was told to send it back and they'd investigate and get back to me. In the mean time I found online where I wasn't the only one having problems with the DX8. I asked about a drop shipment so I wouldn't have to wait three weeks for them to test my radio. No deal.

FINE! HH and spectrum, I've had it with you.

I'm pulling out all my Spectrum receivers. I will never be able to trust Spectrum with by babies in the sky anyway.