RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dx8 still has problems
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 11:58 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Dx8 still has problems

Horizon Hobbies has a serious problem with customer support and I went through the same problem with an engine related issue. Now to address your issue with your 2.4ghz radio, I can't but it appears others can't either. You either have a unit that works or one that fails. This can't be good for the manufacture but it certainly helps the competition. The introduction of this new technology for the hobbyist has brought along allot of baggage just like the old 72mhz frequency. Eventually it will be solved at the expense of the modeler sad but true. I recently got into gas engines flying on 72mhz and everything worked without RF interference until recently. I replaced the ignition module and all is fine again. When the problem first appeared I assumed it was radio interference but when I throttled backed it went away. I posted this problem on this site and the consensus was a bad ignition module. Sometimes others have had a similar problem and can point you in the right direction however most of the respondents never have a problem and it's your fault.