RCU Forums - View Single Post - Best brand for Monster trucks?
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 09:13 PM
chonyc77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best brand for Monster trucks?

This in my opinion is a tough question to ask and very opinion driven too. I think all the major brands make good trucks and their is no clear winner. IMO, they are all good in one way or another. You also have to decide on weather you want to got with a nitro or electric?
From my past experiences (been in hobby 15 years) electric is more expensive in the beginning but after all the gear is purchased, it is then much cheaper to run as well as maintain.
I also seem to get much more runs in between fixes from electric RC's than i did from Nitro RC's. This is the exact reason why a few years ago i completely sold off my nitro RC's and went all electric as soon as brushless came on the scene. This is probably the best thing i have done and the reason i am still here playing with these things.
Besides the cool sound and the fact that you have a real engine, i just cant see a reason at this point to go back to nitro. A few years ago you really didnt have much of a choice if you wanted the speed and power, you had to go nitro. Well, not any more. The cost of batteries and electronics had also dropped dramatically over the last 5-10 years.
I think a better question to ask is; what is the best truck for a starter in the hobby.
I would spend a little more time on these forums looking around and reading and see what is best for your needs and what would run best at the surfaces you intend to run in.

I do however agree with the post above. The Savage Flux is hard to beat. Its pretty tough out of the box, and with a few hop ups, the thing is amazing in handling and durrability.

I have about 20 cars//trucks and i think the Savage Flux is for me, the clear winner as far as bashing around with. It is also one of my most durable and usually average about 20 runs, days out with it, in between fixes which is pretty incredible imo. My second favorite and most currently used is probably the Associated RC 8.2e which i run with a Tekken combo.
Good luck..