RCU Forums - View Single Post - My attempts...
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 09:22 PM
windcosmic
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My attempts...

Ah Ah.. well done! We call this the act of trying to explain something without drawings. But, there are several other methods you can use to make you understood.

- the 'main' frame (the bigger one) is made from two pinewood pieces which are glued togheter. Their shape is a trapezoid. They have different sizes because they have to accomodate the balsa doublers which are made from different balsa sheets. At rear, from the start of tail to the crack (hi hi) point, You can use 3mm balsa sheets, which are reinforced by applying them a light 4*4mm trellis structure. From that point to the firewall, the fuselage is made from 4mm balsa. The nose is made out from light balsa blocks glued around the Nylon mount with epoxi (HuH plus 300 Kgs will work fine..).

- mainframe dimensions: width: 82 mm .. height 175mm , width on top 28mm
doubler dimensions: 84*175*30 millimeters.

the top of frame is not covered. The bottom is closed with a 4mm balsa sheet. At the angles you should place 4*4 balsa strips.

Once upon the two parts are glued togheter, you can cut the holes you need trhough them.

- the other frames' dimensions (from the main to right ) are the following: width: 65 mm .. height 136 mm , width on top 25 mm

52 mm ... 88 mm 25mm

42 mm ... 58mm 25mm

- Se sbaglio mi corrigerete..

From the 'Main frame' to the firewall the fuse is made from 4mm balsa sheets.

For the Firewall, you can follow the solution i proposed on page 1 : the firewall is composed by two pieces which are glued togheter. the 'door key hole' in front, with the trapezoid without the round shapes on left and right sides glued at rear. (so you can cement the fuselage front part of sides there).

In this manner, you will be able to use a standard 'commercial' nylon type mount with ease. two balsa blocks will be glued on lef and on right and then they will be shaped.

I am wondering about the right wing incidence angle. For me, 0° is right... because of the angled large, flat bottom of the fuselage.
(oh.. i am not sure!!).