RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 10:19 AM
JoseN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

Gentlemen:

Re: Fuel overflow

Lopflyers:

I´m in the same situation with a Saito 100 installed in a Hangar 9 Spitfire 60. I got a tremendous overflow which was stopped using a Sullivan two way valve. I got no overflow while filling the tank but as soon as I finished and opened the carbureter for starting the engine then the over flow starts and difficults the starting of the engine. I had to completely dry the comustion camera closing the inlet needle and open it little by little just to start the engine for braking in it. What I am afraid off is that the engine will stop or malfuction while it is in the air and get in trouble doing an emergency landing.

So, the question is if following Bob´s recommendation to make a loop in the hose to get the apex above the tank fuel delivery to the carburator will prevent the stop or malfunction of the engine. Thank you.
Pepe

PD: In another plane the system to isolate the filling hose with the one tthat goes to the carburator outside the cowling worked fine. I made two holes in the cowling, cut the hose to get one for the hose which will feed the tank and the other to go to the carburator installing in it a filter or just a metal tube to put together both sides when finishing the filling of the tank.