RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Cougar429
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

JoseN, from what you describe your tank is also too high in relation to the carb centerline. Once you open the throttle barrel you also increase the fuel port size and that allows the fuel to gravity feed into the carb throat. If the engine is inverted it will flow down the intake pipe to the head. This can risk hydrolock as that slug of raw fuel is drawn into the combustion chamber when the valve opens.

That is before starting. Even if you get it to fire the problems will get worse since if you have to lean out the mixture so much to allow it to run as fuel is burned off you increase the risk of going too lean. From my own experience with Saitos they do not like that at all.

I had the opposite problem during the Rare Bear build since the stock tank location was at the bottom of the fuse. This placed it too low and even before the first start I opted to redesign the setup aft of the firewall to swap the location of the tank and main flight pack. Now the tank is centered to the carb and runs beautifully.

A general question here. I recommended R6-ZZ and MR6902 bearings for the 120 as that is what came up on Bocas listing when I input the 120. With the MR6000 and MR16003 numbers posted here I flipped open the Boca catalogue I pick up at the Toledo Show every year. There are several different 120 versions with my numbers only coming up on one of them. What is the difference between the 120 4C and the 120S? Not a size I own, just curious.

Hide Signatures