RCU Forums - View Single Post - *Official* Caldera 10E Video, Picture And Discussion Thread
Old 06-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: *Official* Caldera 10E Video, Picture And Discussion Thread

ORIGINAL:
Newb Question - Is there any stock tweaks I should make sure to do that will make the stock set up run better? ie. Best spring rate, any ESC settings, etc etc that I should adjust for best all round performance and safety (for vehicle, not human/physical). Im mostly on sandy pavement, short grass and only smaller jumps etc....no serious ''bashing'' etc.

Also,, anything I should check for? I simple unpackaged it, charged'er up and ran it. Not sure if I should ensure I'm setting this or that, and checking this or that. (keeping my eye on all screws and so far so good. Also have blue locktite laying around just in case)

Thanks again everyone.
Forgot to address this. Springs are fine for playing around. More than likely the shocks have very little oil in them. You can adjust the dampening to your liking by using heavier or lighter oil. Just simply making sure there is oil in them will go along way. Adding pre-load clips to the shocks will help keep the springs from being too bouncy. Also the stock shock retainers are known to take off. Spraying them a day glow color helps find them later. Also a drop of crazy glue between the spring and the spring retainer goes a long way. You should go over every screw on the truck. The one's that go into plastic just need to be snug, don't torque them or they'll strip out. The screw's that go into metal need a drop of blue loctite. Make sure you definately do this on the grub screws. These are the tiny set screws that are in the cups on the front and rear side of the center drive that the dogbones go into.