RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/3 Vickers F.B.19 MKII
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 03:39 AM
JohnF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/3 Vickers F.B.19 MKII

Hi Don, I think I did a pretty good job of searching the internet for eyelets and tools that would work. The problem is although I found another source for 3/32"x 1/16" eyelets they do not have a tool to use. Mick Reeves sells eyelets but according to Mick "one size fits all" and that doesn't work for me. I think most people use 1/16" or 1/8" and to me these are either too big or too small. I contacted GTM and Glenn had nothing to offer. His eyelets for the SE5 are "custom made". I am sure they would work for the Vickers but I guess Glenn is not ready to sell them or just doesn't have enough. I will use approx. 450 eyelets on the Vickers. Just can't bring myself to do something I am not satisfied with. The eyelets on the Vickers are a major attention point on the model and couldn't be more visible so it is just not possible to get by with something that is too big or too small to the eye in my opinion. Grinding the eyelets down is not a big deal. I stick an eyelet on the end of a Allen wrench I have which has a nice aluminum body to hold and touch the rivet to the sanding disc. It's quick and painless. Just another step in doing the job right and getting the results I want. It's not the first time or the last time I will improvise or make my own tools to get the result I want. It's just part of the hobby to me. Stay tuned!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12961.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	1774081