RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are all RC forum's activity in decline?
Old 06-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Tjettzky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are all RC forum's activity in decline?

ORIGINAL: bigstick60

My biggest problem with this forum and most others is the attitude of some, they are what I call trolls, a person asks a reasonable question and here they come, attitude trolls. And you know who you are because I see it. Same ones over and over

#1 complaining about spelling and grammar. hell this is a hobby forum not an English class
#2 my stuff is better than yours. who cares I just want some info!!!
#3 I am right, I know everything and it must be done my way or you will fail. sorry I don’t know you so stop pounding your chest
#4 running certain r/c mfg’s down if someone states he bought such and such items from who ever. Did it ever occur to you that maybe you’re the problem and not the mfg
#5 busting someones chops because he ask’s a repeated question and or did not do a proper search. Don’t worry about it maybe someone does want to take the time to help, why should it bother you
# 6 a person asks a question and within 4 or 5 replies it goes’ off topic or we have a computer brawl because someone offended another. Stay on topic, if you want to have a brawl take it else where.

in my opinion these are some of the problem with all forums
I'm with you on #s 2-6, but I don't believe there is anything wrong with holding adults from developed countries to a basic language standard. We all learned how to spell and compose sentences in school, right? Why do we cast aside our educational standards and experiences when at home and seated at our computers?

As for the post ratings; if you can give it a star, you should be able to remove a star. I try to rate excellent posts when I see them, but there are some really bad posts out there that I'd love to rate a -3.