RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just bought a revo
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 08:02 PM
bstrang6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a revo

I just picked a Revo up of ebay, its a 2.5r and is sold very complete, and bone stock. Owner didnt know if it ran, but I have faith that it will run, as it looks as if its never been drivin, worst case I have a 2.5r that runs in my t-maxx. Anyways, I'm looking towards the future, and thinking about an engine swap. I have been out of the hobby for so long, I need a refresher. I remember having an infatuation for os engine's, the RG .21 was one that I had a few of, and as I remember it was rather under powered, but dead reliable, and very easy to tune. I don't see too many os .21 rg's for sale which leads me to believe that they are discontinued. I know the os .21tm is popular now, seems real hot, but very pricey. Are these .21's drop ins? I remember putting a .21 into a tmaxx was a CHORE, not only shoe horning it in the chassis with conversion kits, it just KILLED the drive train, never was made reliable without going full super maxx ( this was 10 years ago, things may have changed ) Looking for my best engine choice for when and if I need to replace this 2.5 and what I am looking for is something that likes to start up easy, easy to tune, rather affordable, and makes decent power.