RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobby King turbine!
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 05:09 PM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hobby King turbine!

ORIGINAL: rodman293

Well you are truly lucky my friend, but me from now on I would be buying american made ESC, it was only a differece of about $48.00 any way.!!!!!!!
ORIGINAL: GerKonig

ORIGINAL: rodman293

Wll guys I have had nothing but bad expirences with HK, I bought a F-86 jet from modellbau, and decided to convert it to an EDF, had over $1800. in the plane and whent and bought a top of the line ESC for it a 190amp 12-S for a 120mm fan for that only needed 160amp ESC andd figured that with that higher amperage ESC, I would be relatively safe from over heating and the unthinkable happened the ESC got so hot it exploded in midair and this was the results of that, do you think HK accepted the blame? of cource NOT, So I won't buy anithing from them that cost that much money, it's like trowing it out the window of your car in miday traffic , along I have posted a picture of the destruction that the HK top of the line $178.00 ESC cost me, so decide for yourself if it is worth the risk or not ? !!!!!
If you believe for one minute, that all the rest of the escapes of the world do not have problems... Good luck with that one I had 2 Jet fail. Does it mean Jeti controllers are crap? Of course not!

Would I buy another Jeti? Of course if the price is right! My 3 HK controllers are still working. Does it mean they are foolproof? Of course not!

Gerry

Well, I did read somewhere recently that Castle are actually manufactured here in the US. My Jetis were not. Next controller I will try will be a Castle, but I know (trough a friend) that they had a big recall not to long ago. The problem grounded my friend for quite some time. But, again, not direct experience. Will try them next. My last HK is a 80Amp, 6 cell controller for $38.00 that so far is doing great. The bigger one, a Sentilon has over 2 years of use, 12 cells 100A, flawless...

Gerardo