RCU Forums - View Single Post - Shockwave 55 gel coat and repaint??
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 07:16 PM
EuroXS4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shockwave 55 gel coat and repaint??

Attached pictures you can clearly see the damage to the hull and how badly bent is the drive shaft tube.I filed a claim with fedex.This thing was supposed to be sent insured.However the tracking number i recieved in a picture of the receipt the total for shipping was cut off. But the first number looks like a 7 more like 70.00 but the seller told me it would be 120.00 to ship. and the subtotal also cut off looks like 77.00 which makes sense because california tax is 10% so I dont know if it was sent insured or not.if fedex tells me i dont have a case cause it wasnt insured then ill have to file a claim through paypal to get my money back.It looks like i got jipped on the shipping as it is.But I will keep you guys updated once I know this for a fact but thats what its looking like.Well see.

What do you mean by surface drive??Sorry im new to rc gas boats.I am not sure if that would work because the transom has some holes drilled for the hardware but i guess i could always move everything up.However if i could keep this the way it is it would be great.Would the fact that i eliminated the teflon liner affect performance of cause more wear and heat on the drive shaft??Of course i would have to lube the drive shaft inside the now smaller tube i under stand that.Just wonderingf if the teflon liner is critical.Also the new tube could it be made out of brass or some other metal??