RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II
Old 07-03-2012, 02:25 AM
ahamay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

ORIGINAL: Edmund2

ORIGINAL: ahamay

ORIGINAL: Edmund2
Thank you guys for the condolences. He was a great pilot and I always felt safe with him on a the wing in formation.
We still have the most perfect weather out here for the last two weeks with mild morning temparatures going up to 26 Celcius and hardly any wind. Now that is in mid winter. Totally unheard of this time of the year. Usually school holidays this time of year to keep the kids at home and out of the old. I was wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts over the weekend. Only donned a jacked late on Saturday evening.
Anyway enjoy your flights should you get the opportunity do do so.
Edmund
Firstly, @Edmund2, thoughts are with you and your friends family, sad indeed.

@Brian - Hope that water is receeding and you can go back to normal routine (including stick time + blather).

@Phil - That Mig looks like a heap of fun and it sounds awesome. Good news on your tx as well.

Now to todays disaster. Unfortunately Icrashed the GT at lunch time on my second battery. I made the dumbest friggin mistake ever...I'm still fuming like the not happy jan woman from the yellow pages ad. OK, here's what Idid.... after taking off and going into forward flight about 2 feet off the ground Ihit the throttle hold instead of the idle up switch. Gutted.

My three brand new ds415 servos all have stripped gears and the brand new align CF blades are gone as well. Also the tail shaft, main shaft and feathing shaft, skids, head links, tail boom... it's pretty well rooted. Might just take the servos out and drop it in the bin.

Ihad a workmate with me at the time and i'm not sure if Igot distracted or what but it wasn't pretty. He bought an mcpx and was playing with that (unsuccessfully) so he wanted me to have a go to make sure it would actually fly. Sure, I'll have a go. It's got an RTF mode 2 controller and I fly mode 1 lol. Managed to hover it ok but that's about it.

See you ar eon-line. Please advise the time in Aus ATM. Have a potential work related timing difference problem coming up on Friday thatI need to prevent from causinghappening.
It' about 8:30pm here as of this post. Australian Eastern Time.